PDF Download 177 Pages. Thousands Sold! You have full permission to digitalize or convert any platform. It’s yours!
So many pages most teachers do not get through the whole notebook.
Table of Contents with clickable hyperlinks to pictures added.
The tools presented in this notebook cover the following skills.
– RL.2.1 Asking and Answering Questions
– RL.2.2 Genres: Folktales and Fables with morals and lessons. * Retelling stories.
– RL.2.3 Describing characters w/ specifics for feelings and traits. Character change!
– RL.2.4 Words and Phrases: In rhythm, alliteration, rhyme and repetition.
– RL.2.5 Refer to story structure: focus b.m.e. beginning, middle, end
(Focus on Introduction and Conclusion)
– RL.2.6 Point of view and perspective (The View Point)
– RL.2.7 Illustrations: To focus on the characters, setting, and plot.
– RL.2.9 Compare and contrast: Looking at 2 stories by different authors from different cultures.
– RL.2.10 Comprehension tools to record fables, folktales, stories, and poems read in second grade.
– RI.2.1 Ask and Answer Questions: The author, the purpose, the features
– RI.2.2 Main Topic: Identify the main topic of multi paragraph texts as well as the specific focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
– RI.2.3 Focus on types of texts to include historical, scientific and technical
– RI.2.4 Words and phrases to include context clues, dictionary and strategies.
– RI.2.5 Text features to focus on three types of features such as navigators, types of print and visual features.
– RI.2.6 Identify the main purpose of a text and determine what the author wants to answer, explain or describe.
– RI.2.7 Images and Diagrams: can clarify and add meaning to the text.
– RI.2.8 Reasons for the points in the text.
– RI.2.9 Compare and contrast most important points and key details
– RI.2.10 Informational Text comprehension
6 Syllable Types: Anchor (Modeled after the chart in Appendix A of the CCSS)
– RF.2.3a Long and Short Vowel Sort with cards and envelope/ Anchor charts for short and long vowels
– RF.2.3b Vowel Teams: Common Vowel Teams
– RF.2.3c Multisyllable Words Note: Verbiage derived from Appendix A of the CCSS.
– RF.2.3d Prefixes and suffixes
– RF.2.3e Inconsistent but common spelling sound correspondences.
– RF.2.3f Irregular Words/ Irregularly spelled words
– RF.2.4a Purpose and understanding with a focus on text connections
– RF.2.4b Fluency Anchor Chart
– RF.2.4c Confirmation check
Foldables and flap books can serve as standalone curriculum enhancers of common core. Templates are blank making it easy for you to integrate the numerous flippables in other content areas. 🙂
Also included: Tabs, Dividers and Table of Contents for each strand.